THE TERMS & CONDITIONS (T&C) GOVERNING CLA PORTAL
Please read and understand the following T&C which are meant to keep you informed of your obligations and to regulate your access to the services made available on CLA Portal. By accessing this portal and/or using any of the provided services, you agree to be bound by these T&C.
The information, material, functions and content provided in the pages of the portal may be changed from time to time with or without notice at absolute discretion of Container Ledger Account Phils., Inc.’s (CLA Phils). Your continued access or use of the portal and/or the services provided herein subsequent to any such change will be deemed as your acceptance to those changes.
You are solely responsible for making your own assessment when accessing and using this portal, the services and the content on this portal, and you acknowledge and accept all inherent risks associated in accessing and using this portal, the services and the content over the internet.
These T&C are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Philippines.
2. Support Team
Subscription of license is only limited to the rights to utilize services on CLA Portal, it does not construe the ownership of license.
(a) General Rules
- CLA Phils may publish your company’s name and ledger account status which will be updated from time to time on CLA Portal.
- CLA Phils may publish delinquent company name in Watch List across the industry for early detection of potential bad debts and immediate remedial action plan to pursuit.
- All invoices will be raised directly by CLA Principal to the CLA Subscriber.
- CLA Phils has the right at any time to deduct from any balance payment in CLA account. CLA Subscriber acknowledges that any overdue/outstanding invoices might affect your ledger account status.
(b) CLA Principal (Shipping Line / Shipping Agent / NVOCC)
- CLA Principal may upload the final invoices on CLA Portal on weekly basis.
- CLA Principal may impose higher container deposit for CLA Subscriber with outstanding invoice for any container related charges.
- CLA Phils shall pay up to the published container deposit amount. If the deposit amount is insufficient to cover overdue invoice value, CLA Principal shall collect the differences directly from CLA Subscriber.
(c) CLA Subscriber (Consignee / Freight Forwarder / Broker / CFS Operator / Warehousing)
- CLA Subscriber to pay all invoices raised by CLA Principal promptly or within the credit period stipulated in the invoices.
- CLA Subscriber to dispute on invoices directly to CLA Principal within 3 days from date of receipt of invoice from CLA Principal, failing which it shall be deemed that such invoices are valid.
- CLA Subscriber should liaise directly with CLA Principal in relation to all Credit Note (CN) and/or Debit Note (DN).
- CLA Subscriber shall ensure the return of containers in safe and sound condition to the container depot appointed by CLA Principal.
- If there is any damage invoice being billed by CLA Principal after the container deposit is refunded, CLA Phils will proceed to raise the invoice billing to CLA Subscriber. Thereafter, CLA Subscriber shall undertake to make payment. Otherwise, your account will be suspended until further notice.
- CLA Subscriber acknowledges that if the Cash limit is below 50%, the account will be suspended.
- If CLA Subscriber's name is in the Watch List, CLA Principal may request for additional security due to the potential collection risk.
- CLA Subscriber can view all online transactions on your account last 90 days transactions only on CLA Portal.
5. Privacy Statement
6. Portal Content and Copyright
8. Refund Fees
Payment made via authorized payment channel service provider will be charged as mentioned in the portal, which may be changed from time to time.
You shall be responsible for all applicable charges, levies, taxes (whether provided now or in future). If in such case you proceed to access the portal, you will be deemed to have agreed to such fees, charges, levies and taxes.
CLA Portal reserves it’s right to change all fees, charges, levies and taxes by giving you thirty (30) calendar days’ prior notice in writing or in any manner deemed applicable by CLA Phils.
10. Transaction Error
- In case payment account is debited, you shall not make the payment twice and immediately contact Support Team to confirm payment.
- In case the payment account is not debited, you may initiate a fresh transaction to proceed with payment.
You shall take all reasonable precautions necessary to ensure that no other persons have or will be granted your Username and Password, unless being authorized by you. Such precautions may include, among others, immediately memorising your Username and Password, destroying any document on which it is stated, changing password from time to time for security reasons. Primary user will authorize Secondary user to access the portal and therefore each user shall be deemed to have agreed to keep Username and Password secured and confidential.
In case you discover any unauthorized access to your account, data/information, you shall promptly notify Support Team thereof and take appropriate measures to mitigate the effects and prevent a recurrence thereof.
CLA Phils herein shall in no event be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever suffered or arising from any interruption to or unavailability of this portal or the services and/or the content, and in connection with your access or use or the inability to access or use this portal (or any third party link to or from the portal), reliance on the information contained in the portal, any technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, error, omission, delay in operation, computer viruses or otherwise.
12. Confidential Information
13. Restriction on Use
- violate the security of the portal nor attempt to gain unauthorized access to the portal, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with the portal, through hacking, password timing or any other means.
- take nor attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of CLA Phils imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on the portal or its infrastructure.
- use nor attempt to use any scraper, robot, bot, spider, data mining, computer code, or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology to access, index, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the portal, any data or content found on or accessed through the portal without the prior written consent of CLA Phils.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any other content.
15. Effect of Breach
16. Account Deactivation
17. Validity of Terms and Conditions
CLA Portal reserves the full rights to keep the T&C updated from time to time. We will do our best to keep users aware of the updates. However, users are encouraged to follow up changes or additions to the T&C frequently.
Revision 6, February 2023